Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally Fall??


Could it be?? We actually have a couple days out of the 80's this week. I know what your thinking. 80's???? That's not hot. And your right, it has been a mild summer compared to what I'm used to. But the humidity in even 80 degrees is a killer!!! It is so nice to have cool temps. I was worried that summer might drag on forever here. I'm new to the area and have heard the winters are mild and that the growing season extends through October. I was imagining summer temps through November. haha.

I am mildly sad that we won't be seeing snow here. Christmas just isn't the same without snow. But, at the same time, snow gets old...fast. haha. I am excited for the changing seasons though. What is it about it that fills the air with excitement and energy? I love it. Yay for Fall!!!!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow...I wish it'd be in the low 80s. We're stuck with mid-high 90's right now. I'm SSOO ready for fall. Not to mention 2 more months till Halloween! It'll be sad to not get to hang out with you guys this year.

Ruth said...

If you're anything like me, you'll come to LOVE no snow. I enjoy when I go home for Christmas, but I love not having to adjust my travel plans because there will be fresh snow and ice on the roads.

Wendyburd1 said...

It was in the 70's today, it was so glorious!! I hope for a great fall and a very snowy winter, I am a freak loving the cold months!! LOL!

Brittany Marie said...

I got so excited that it turned September, that I put my fall scarecrow thing on my front door!