Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stupid Salesmen


And stupid me for getting sucked in. Normally when sales people come to my door, I pretend no one is home. Unfortunately, our big kitchen window looks out on the front door and I was in the kitchen when he knocked and he could see me standing there. Not wanting to be rude I decided I better answer the door. As I'm walking to the door I'm thinking about how to quickly send him on his way. But when I heard he was offering meat at a great price I decided to listen. We had a nearly empty deep freezer in our garage that we have been planning to fill with meat and I thought this might save me a trip to the store. haha. He was offering a case (which included 6 boxes of meat) for one fixed price. Now, this would have been a GREAT deal if I'd gone with just steaks. But I decided there was no way we would go through that many steaks, so I decided to get some fish and chicken as well. Well, not thinking, I went with the cheapest kind of chicken. So, really, I didn't get that great of a deal. Sometime I wonder about myself. I really do. But on the bright side we now have a freezer FULL of meat. We will be happily dining on various kinds of steak for a few months. :)

8 comments:

Mary said...

I used to be a sucker for door to door salesman because I felt bad for them...but I guess now I just have no heart because I often start saying no thank you as soon as I open the door.

Grandma Arnold said...

I say "No" before they get their spiel out. Cathy says I am rude.

Jen said...

LOL! That's funny! I've done things like that before so you are not alone. And hopefully you'll have some tasty steaks to enjoy now.

Penny said...

We have a front door that is 90% glass, so I shake my finger at them and say NO!, then walk away. Of course, I started that after sitting through a 4 hour Kirby shpill.

Wendyburd1 said...

I have never had one go to my home!

Jaysonsmom said...

I have never had them come to my house I guess I am just lucky.

Unknown said...

I am a sucker, but more than that I fear wierdos at my door. So i put up a "no soliciting' sign and just poiint through the window at it if they ignore it and knock.
Best thing ever.

Debbie said...

I generally feel compelled to listen to them for a second...with the door only open 6 inches or so. Then I firmly stick with my "Thanks, but I'm not interested." But then, I have my "I'm a poor, college student and single mom" to fall back on if they get pushy. :-)

How are the steaks?