but I'm flying alone with kids again. Even though I swore I would never do it again. But, I decided I wanted a good long visit with my family since I haven't been home in over a year. 3-4 days just isn't enough, which is all Mike gets to stay. So, he will be with me for the flight there but not the flight back. I may or may not be able to talk someone into flying back with me. :) But I would just like to be prepared for flying by myself. So...I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good double stroller to take to the airport. We have a side by side jogging stroller that
I was hoping to take, but Mike thinks it would be to wide and to big of a hassle. Any input???
As far as being prepared otherwise, I learned a lot from my last trip alone. I will be equipped with a dvd player and lots of movies as well as snacks and a couple favorite books and toys (I always let my kids pick out a new toy when we have long trips). Oh and my toddler harness aka leash. haha. Last time I had a 3 hour lay over (which was a nightmare), this time I only have a little over an hour. So I'm hoping it goes a lot smoother this time around.
So ya, any advice on a stroller or other helpful flying tips would be much welcomed. :)
7 comments:
Well if you don't like the leash I don't know what to tell you. Yes I think that side by side will be to big gettin through security, and by the seats. If you have to have a stroller get the one you can set them both in, one behind the other. But if I were you I would put lizzy in your little wrape around string and then put the leash on jacob. and then just put your hand through the loop. that way he doesn't feel restrained. Also print your tickets out as close to 24 hours before the flight if possible. that way you will be one of the first to board the plane, and can get your kids situated. also set as far back as you can. because chances are there will be other parents in the back with other kids and they can play. While your at the airport waiting sit by the window away from people but near the airplains so that they can see them take off and land. And if you haven't booked your tickets yet DO NOT book them for the the early 6 am. it will be a disater. and people will give you dirty looks because they will be tired and your kids will be fussy and tired too. All this I learned last April when I went to Disneyland with the 4 kids by myself. NEVER AGAIN will that happen!
Sounds like fun. I wish I could come and visit you while you are here.Chances are I will be working and not have anytime off. Let me know when you will be in town.
I have a really thrashed, old Graco side by side stroller that I take when I fly with my kids. It is kind of like an umbrella stroller, so easy to break down for security. I could care less if the airline people throw it around because of it's condition. It was a Craigslist special and I think it is great.
One thing I have found to be helpful is to let the kids each have their own bags; Heber has a little 'Cars' bag with wheels that is terrific. I put toys, books and snacks in their bags. They love being in charge of them.
My favorite traveling toy is a little Doodle Pro. My kids play with them for so long and love them!
Good Luck and have fun!
You have a dvd player, that will be great for kids! Coloring stuff and snacks are very important I have heard. Plus music if you have cd players or an mp3 player.
Oh wow. You are tough as nails. :P
Take some prozac before you leave.
: )
Ok,... you are crazy!
Post a Comment