Monday, August 24, 2009

New Addition

Meet Sofia. Sofie for short. :)
We really like her. She drives so smooth. And the kids can easily get in and out of her. I love that it has automatic everything. bwaaahahaha. However, I think they went a little overboard with the drink holders. There are 8 just in the front. I can't imagine that I will ever need that many, but I guess you just never know.
We ended up spending more that we originally planned, but decided it was worth it to get what was going to best suit our needs. It's interesting, though, how we started out with the plan that we weren't going to get anything with a lot of bells and whistles. Our only requirements were that it have a full middle seat, as apposed to the two individual seats and key less entry. On top of all the obvious requirements like a running motor and AC and such. :) We figured we would be able to find a good 2005 or so to fit our needs. Turns out it isn't easy to find one with the full middle seat. So, after sleeping on it and praying about it for about a week, we ended up paying twice as much as originally planned and getting a 2008 equiped with quite a few nice bells and whistles. Like a DVD player and dual automatic sliding doors. It's serioulsy awesome. So far we still feel really good about our decision and are enjoying having reliable transportation. I no longer fear breaking down every time I have to go grocery shopping. It's such a great feeling.
So, farewell Suzi. You've served us well, but it was definitely time for you to go.

12 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow! that looks beautiful! What a great van! I'm way excited for you! We should have goten a van a LONG time ago. I think I've finally talked mike into getting one. I'll be sure to post when we do get ours. Congrats again on your new van!

Debbie said...

Wahoo!! That looks pretty sweet! That will be awesome for you guys!! And the bells and whistles...I love bells and whistles. :-)

Debbie said...

PS Have you seen this blog: http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/ It reminds me a little of the cake wrecks blog.

Jillene said...

Whoo Hoo!! Nice new ride!!

Momma Sarah said...

WOOOOHOOOOO! I like that you went with the silver... our vans are the same color! he he!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having the automatic doors! I don't know what I'd do without them! I think you'll figure out how to utilize 8 cup holders - they do come in very handy! As long as you can afford it, why not pay a little extra for something that is going to last you for a while and makes you feel good everytime you drive? I am a liitle jealous of your DVD player though...

Sheridy said...

It is something that you guys totally deserve!!! Enjoy!

Katelyn said...

I'm so jealous!! I love my van, but I really want one of those! Awesome! I'm excited for you!

Jaysonsmom said...

Dare I say I kind of miss my mini van lol(it is with the ex hubby and step kids. Mine didn't have the bells and wistles, but it did have ac, a great engine, and it road smooth. As apposed to my jeep wrangler, it rides like a covered wagon, no ac, stick shift and it needs a new engine lol. I do love my jeep when i take it up in the mountains or down in moab, but I do sometimes miss the mini van. Enjoy all the bells and whistles. Oh and I am sure your kids will find plenty of ways to use the cup holders lol.

millie said...

I agree, Cool Ride!

Wendyburd1 said...

I bet the kids LOVE the dvd player!! Sweet!! Very nice Michelle, especially with number 3 on it's way!!

Amyleigh said...

Good choice girly!!!! That is my goal van one day... I have thoroughly researched every minivan on the market and truly believe the Sienna is the BEST!! CONGRATS!!!!

Grandma Arnold said...

Looks like a pretty nice little jalopy!! Seriously, this gives you room to grow. I also like bells and whistles. By getting a van that is a couple of years old you've saved a tremendous amount of depreciation cost.