
Or nose. Nice!!
Unfortunately, I wasn't a very good hostess while she was here. I was laying on my couch sick most of the time. But we did manage to make it to the beach before she left. Everyone had a great time. The weather was perfect!! One of Mikes coworkers recommended Wilmington beach and also told us of some places to see while we were there. Even though we didn't have time to see everything, we weren't disappointed and can't wait to go back. Jacob is not a big fan of the ocean so he stuck to dry land most of the time. But that's okay, he was perfectly content digging and playing in the sand.
Lizzie had a love hate relationship with the water. When she wasn't in it, she looked at it longingly and asked to go back in it. When she was in it, she cried to get out.

Kacey and Mike spent most of their time in the water. I went in for a bit, but I got sea sick just standing there. So, I too opted to stay on dry land and play in the sand with the kids.

Here's Mike waiting for a wave. He was like a little kid. He had a lot of fun.
Kacey was a good sport and let us bury her legs in the sand. At first Jacob didn't get it and kept trying to un-bury her. Soon he caught on though and joined in the fun.
After Lizzie looking at me long enough with those puppy dog eyes, I finally gave in and took her back out to the water. We sat down and let the water come to us. She didn't at all appreciate how the water came at us from that level. She actually attempted to run away when she saw some of those bigger waves coming at us.
We all had a good time, but soon we were hungry and decided to go find food. It took us a while to get changed and get all the sand off. FYI, baby powder works wonders for getting sand of.
After dinner we made our way to an ice cream shop that we heard was awesome. The kids fell asleep on the way there.
I volunteered to stay in the car with the kids while Kacey and Mike went in, so I didn't get to see inside this place, but I hear it is a chocolate lovers paradise. They got to sample different kinds of fudge (they didn't even bring any for me. Rudeness. :)) and there were several different kinds of chocolate ice cream. Ironically, Mike got peach ice cream. But Kacey and I enjoyed the chocolate. I had chocolate brownie chunk and Kacey had chocolate peanut butter...I think.
Lulu woke up when they got back in the car and Kacey was nice enough to share her ice cream with her. She was pretty cranky after her nap and was pretty impatient with how slowly Kacey was feeding her the ice cream. I should probably work on teaching her manners. lol. I got some good pictures of her though. With the awesome hair and chocolate covered mouth she was looking fabulous!!
Lizzie had a love hate relationship with the water. When she wasn't in it, she looked at it longingly and asked to go back in it. When she was in it, she cried to get out.
Kacey and Mike spent most of their time in the water. I went in for a bit, but I got sea sick just standing there. So, I too opted to stay on dry land and play in the sand with the kids.
Here's Mike waiting for a wave. He was like a little kid. He had a lot of fun.
Kacey was a good sport and let us bury her legs in the sand. At first Jacob didn't get it and kept trying to un-bury her. Soon he caught on though and joined in the fun.
After Lizzie looking at me long enough with those puppy dog eyes, I finally gave in and took her back out to the water. We sat down and let the water come to us. She didn't at all appreciate how the water came at us from that level. She actually attempted to run away when she saw some of those bigger waves coming at us.
We all had a good time, but soon we were hungry and decided to go find food. It took us a while to get changed and get all the sand off. FYI, baby powder works wonders for getting sand of.We found a little "bar and grill" to eat at, which really was more like a diner, but it was good food and we even had live entertainment. The kids LOVED it.
After dinner we made our way to an ice cream shop that we heard was awesome. The kids fell asleep on the way there.
I volunteered to stay in the car with the kids while Kacey and Mike went in, so I didn't get to see inside this place, but I hear it is a chocolate lovers paradise. They got to sample different kinds of fudge (they didn't even bring any for me. Rudeness. :)) and there were several different kinds of chocolate ice cream. Ironically, Mike got peach ice cream. But Kacey and I enjoyed the chocolate. I had chocolate brownie chunk and Kacey had chocolate peanut butter...I think.Lulu woke up when they got back in the car and Kacey was nice enough to share her ice cream with her. She was pretty cranky after her nap and was pretty impatient with how slowly Kacey was feeding her the ice cream. I should probably work on teaching her manners. lol. I got some good pictures of her though. With the awesome hair and chocolate covered mouth she was looking fabulous!!

The two weeks Kacey was here seemed to fly by so fast. I wish we could have kept her longer. Her flight home was pretty early in the morning so we headed up to Raleigh last night and stayed in a hotel. I made sure to wake Jacob up to say good-bye before she left so he would be confused to find her gone in the morning. Nevertheless, he still keeps asking where she went. We miss her already, but we get to see her and everyone else in a couple months when we go home for a long visit. We can't wait!

9 comments:
That's sounds like a really fun day! The beach looked so pretty, it made me want to be there! Chocolate icecream is always a good way to end the day!
How fun!! Your sister sounds like she is amazing--a chip off the old block I guess!!
I love the pictures and am jealous of the beach. I really need to take my kids sometime.
OH! Look at that BEACH! It's so PRETTY! We RARELY get to see a beach like that around here - wait, I'm mistaken ALL our NW coast beaches for some further south, WAY south! Glad you had some fun - even though you weren't feeling so great.
Ok, so the kids just was the pics and they keep chanting 'we wanna go to that beach!' Hmmm, now to get there...
Wow sounds like you had a great day. Heck just reading about it make me ready for bed. It wasn't boring just alot of stuff crammed into one day. I love reading your blog.
I'm glad you had fun with Kacey. She shares your sentiment, but we're pretty glad to have her home for a day or two. We look forward to your visit!!!!
The beaches around Wilmington are beautiful, that's where I did my nursing education.
Glad you guys had a blast, but I'm still bummed I didn't get to see you guys!!
That last picture of Lulu is my favorite!! haaaaahahaha I had so much fun! And hey, you never know when that gummy worm trick will come in handy. hahaha
Post a Comment