Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Picky Eaters


Where did these strange kids come from? They can't be related to me. They have got to be the pickiest eaters ever. I have the hardest time feeding them. I can't even get them to eat your typical kid favorites. I've tried, pb&j, grilled cheese, mac n cheese (boxed and homemade), hot dogs, fish sticks, corn dogs, chicken nuggets, spaghetti...they don't want anything to do with it. I can get them to eat ramen noodles, canned peaches and tater tots. That's about it. Shopping is a nightmare. I have NO idea what to feed these kids. Lizzie usually eats a little of what I make for dinner and Jacob occasionally eats what I make, other than that, I'm surprised they haven't starved to death. I dread lunch time. I take forever trying to figure out what to make for them. I swear smoke comes out my ears.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh, i feel for you! Caeli would, and still does, eat just about anything I make. Then Cohen came along... he's a mess. He is getting better all of the time, but mostly the kid lives on cheese and toast.
So I was talking to a girl today that has a brother out there and she was telling me about some staph? breakout on base there.... I though of you guys :)

Wendyburd1 said...

My friends son did this, for a long time, but her other 2 kids will eat ANYTHING. Including veggies and brots and sauerkraut...weird kids. LOL! I hope they get over this. I LOVED all the things you said they won't eat! We never got such awesome food all the time!!

Grandma Arnold said...

Take heart, this will not last forever. Eventually they'll get hungry for real food. Try to camoflage some protein. How about Beanie weanies? Small sized versions of what you've been offering?

Mary said...

The problem is they are half of Mike...or is famous for taking 20 minutes to pick every piece of onion & tomato out of spaghetti sause as a kid. You can't imagine the pain it was when we tried to order pizza :o)
So, in other words, just blame Mike!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I would try to make some food and discuise it like tatertots or ramen noodles. Have you tried letting them have fresh peaches? but then again, you do that and they may not ever want the canned ones again.

Try doing egg drop ramen, or just using the ramen noodles and not the packet and make something with that. I dunno. I got a bunch of garbage disposals on my hands. And when one of them doesnt like something, and they see their brothers eating it, they get jealous and eat it anyway.

Brittany Marie said...

It's time to have them try lobster and crab legs. :)

millie said...

I hear they'll eat what they need and you don't need to worry about them starving to death. I hope it's true. :| Yeah, I agree with Mary. They probably got it from Mike... at least they have his build, though I do like yours!

Debbie said...

Hey...what's wrong with Ramen noodles?! It's pretty much a staple around here.