Okay, I promise I'm not going to obsess and write a million posts about every pregnancy symptom I have and post a million belly shots (okay, I'll probably eventually post a couple), BUT I just had to share a kind of weird pregnancy aversion I have. Actually, a couple weird ones.
Remember all the steaks I bought a while back. Well, I started getting sick the day I bought them, and since then, the thought of eating steak makes me want to blow chunks big time. We did grill up some steaks while Kacey was here. I chose one of the smaller ones, while Mike and Kacey had big t-bone steaks. I didn't even get half way through my little piece of meat before I started feeling ill and passed the rest of it on over the Mike to finish. I am hoping that it will go away once this baby comes. It would be really sad if I could never eat steak again. REALLY sad!!
Okay, the really weird aversion I have is my aversion to certain tv shows. When I was super sick with Lulu I watched a lot of Arrested Development. About 2/3 way through the season, I had to stop. Just the thought of that show made me want to hurl. It never went away. To this day, it still makes me sick. This time around it's Ni Hao Ki-Lan. I can handle all other kids shows, but that one is just completely nauseating. I didn't mind it before I started getting sick. But now...blahhhhh!!!
It's weird because they were not the only shows I saw while I was sick. It's interesting how those shows are the ones that trigger my gag reflex. Someone should do a research project on this subject and get back to me. :)
13 comments:
I totally get both of these things, but especially the second. When I was pregnant with my first, I spent a lot of time on my couch trying to keep myself from throwing up. My husband would play Zelda to keep himself occupied. To this day, I can't hear it, see it or even think about it without wanting to hurl. Thanks for reminding me of that fact. ☺
With my first pregnancy--any raw meat made me sick. But I didn't just gag--I followed through. So if my husband wanted meat--he had to buy it and then cook it.
I really think a study should be done on it. No one ever told me that a tv show could make you just as sick as smelling food. We watched a lot of the 'Food Channel' when I was pregnant with Charlie, and I just can't watch anything on that station now. It makes me just feel sick. It makes me laugh that there are different things with each pregnancy that make me sick. I still can't eat spaghetti sauce, since I threw it up when I was pregnant with Ian or watch Teletubbies. That played to keep Ian occupied while I was laying on the couch trying not to puke. I am sure there will be a lot more to your list before this one is done.
yeah someone aught to do a research on us pregnant people. :)
Call me.
Nooooo!!! You can't be repulsed by Pop-Pop and George Michael!
It's sad, but true. hahaha.
This tv one is a new one I have never ever heard of!! Thanks for sharing Michelle, I find this fascinating!! I mean, I get the steak, but what makes...this is why I find it so interesting, so many questions!!
My problem is that I crave something, get 1/4-1/2 finished then it repulses me...but it gives Eric a wide variety of left-overs in the fridge.
I can't eat TV dinners anymore either...I have lived off those things for the past 3 years. So now, Eric has to start cooking again :o)
Oh mna, I am sorry you are having these weird moments of not feeling good!
I had serious problems with certain TV shows and commercials with my first 2 pregnanciesI also develope and aversion to pasta and french fries that has never quited subsided. I hate fettucinni, and I used to love it!
I am just the opposite with steak. I LOVE it. Well, I think it's a lot that my one prego craving is A-1 (don't worry, I haven't drunk it from the bottle, I just drown my steak in it). I pity you!
Ahhh, there are also a few movies my kids have watched over and over again while I was pregnant and when they try to watch them now (well, before I got pregnant this time), they made me feel ill. I totally know what you are talking about! It's like it's cemented into your brain; x = puking. Crazy stuff!
Ok I have never heard of tv being a problem lol glad that didn't happen to me. Mine is dr pepper. I loved the stuff, was addicted to it before I got pregnant with my son, who is now eight. I tried it while I was pregnant and now can't stand the stuff. The thought of it makes me ill. I worked at a gas station that had a drive through, every time I had to serve it, it would make me sick. I had to taste it once because people were complaining that the drinks tasted funny. I was sick the rest of the day. I can't be in the same room as it because I can smell it. Ok now I am nausious lol.
I always had a problem with colors. Especially blue. I could not look at the color and can never eat anything that is the color blue.
Post a Comment