Which didn't work out quite so well. :) It started out good. It was a perfect evening. Cool breeze, full moon. The kids were very excited about the tent.

Lizzie liked just hanging out in the camping chair. She was wanting to put on more bug spray. The mosquitoes were out in full force as usual. Just like real camping, eh?

Jacob was dad's little helper in putting up the tent.


Here's Mike working on some final touches. :)

We got the tent up just in time to start getting the kids ready for bed. Our plans to roast marshmallows didn't quite work out, but that was okay. So we set up the sleeping bags and zipped the tent door closed, and that's when it all went down hill. I guess my kids are a little claustrophobic because they immediately starting crying to go "back inside!!!" So, out of respect for the neighbors, who I am sure didn't appreciate hearing 2 screaming kids, we took them back inside. Well, I took them back inside and we slept in the living room. Mike was determined to sleep outside in the tent after going through the trouble of putting it up. He woke up the next morning to a tent covered with little snails. haha. But, he still enjoyed sleeping outside. It kinda brings back memories of sleeping out in the back yard when I was a kid. Next time we attempt this we will let them play in the tent for a while so they can see it's not so scary. And maybe bribe them with candy and a movie on the portable dvd player.
3 comments:
good tips for when we decide to sleep in the backyard. And I totally didnt think about waking up with snails on the tent...only ours are the size of your hand. not little bitty snails.
My Family is coming this weekend, maybe I'll let the uncles set up the tent and sleep outside with the boys. Though I dont think they would.
What, no picture of the tent with snails? :-)
Ooooh if I was afraid of tents, those bribes would SO work for me! LOL!
Post a Comment