Friday, September 25, 2009

Is it hereditary??

My dad is an ice cruncher, I'm an ice cruncher and my children are ice crunchers. The kids are constantly bringing me cups and asking for ice. Then they sit happily and crunch away. They love it. I don't really understand why we like it so much. I'm not as much of an ice cruncher these days because of my super sensitive teeth, but the temptation is still there. I don't know what it is. As soon as it's in my mouth, I just HAVE to crunch. Jacob is the same way with hard candies and suckers. He can't just suck on them, he has to crunch them.

I especially love ice that has been crushed or shaved. I have always loved snow cones and shaved ice. Just thinking about it right now, makes me want to go get a snow cone machine and make some snow cones. Ahhhh...I think I just might.

4 comments:

Sheridy said...

My mom is an ice cruncher, that is until she found out that her iron was way low. and then when she got that up, she didn't have the desire to crunch it anymore. Happy crunching! (I'm the same way with tootsie pops)

Crystal said...

Ahhhh..... Cam is a cruncher too and it sends chills down my spine. It also appears that Cohen is the same way. When I was low on iron the ladies at the infusion center told me that everyone low on iron like ice to chew and couldn't believe I didn't..... maybe you are all super low on iron :) hahaha.....

Debbie said...

Maybe that is why. (That they're all low on iron.) I didn't get the ice cruncher gene, thank goodness! :-) Or if I did, it was only during high school when I was told by a health care person that I was anemic.

Now, like Crystal, it sends chills down my spine. Most of the time, the sound just plain old annoys me. We had a guy that used to crunch ice all day at work and since we all sat in open cubicles it drove everyone crazy!

Grandma Arnold said...

I occasionally enjoy the ice left in my cup after the drink is finished.