I really do have a bad attitude. I know I need to be happy with my life no matter where I'm at. But man, I hate it here. Yes, the beach is nice, but Fayetteville sucks. I've been told by a few different people, that it takes about a year to grow on you. But honestly, I cannot ever see myself ever liking it here and I am glad it's only for 3 years. Even though 3 years seems like an eternity right now. We've only been here 3 months, yet it feels like a year. I like the house and I love having a back yard, but that's about it. I hate the little invisible bugs that bite you whenever you step outside. I hate the spiders that aren't quite big enough to bite your head off, but could take a pretty decent sized chunk out of it. I hate the fire ants that are taking over the yard and attack anytime you attempt to weed anything, so our yard looks like crap. I hate the stinking humidity. I hate being on the other side of the country from most of my family. I hate that everything is at least a 20-30 minute drive away...except walmart, it's only 15 minutes away. I googled Fayetteville to find a picture that would truely depict the ghettoness of it. But all I found were pictures of wonderful, beautiful places here, and I thought, "Wow, how come I've never seen THAT before. Oh ya, cause it probably takes an hour to get there".
I know, it could be worse and then next place they send us probably will be worse and I'll be wishing I was here instead. Hard to imagine, but it could happen. I know I need to change my attitude and make the most of my situation here. I do like my ward though. Lots of nice, nice people. And most of them are far from home too. So they can empathize with my plight. :)
I really miss Missouri. In fact, I think I miss Missouri about as much as I miss Utah. I would move back there in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, there is no hospital on base there. So...not gonna happen. Bummer.
9 comments:
I feel like this a lot. Like I need to change my attitude about where we live. I'm getting a little better cause I slowly find things I like. But I have to LOOK really hard to find them. Good luck!
We miss you to Michelle. But I also know that it isn't you talking in there. It's your wacked up harmons from being pregnant. And anytime you want to come back your always welcome at my house. I hope that your days get better soon.
I am glad you like your ward at least! ((HUGS)) Maybe you will be sent to a great place in 3 years!
I miss you to Michelle. That would have been nice if the base had a hospital here. I'm glad that you do like your ward but it will never take the place of your family. The first place we were stationed at was 29 Palms California. It was the desert. There was a Walmart and a JCPenny's like 15 minutes away and then the closest city with everything else was Palm Springs and it was at least 30-45 minutes away. There was absolutely nothing out there. Luckily we were only there for like 6 months but I can sympathize just a little, but I don't have 3 years to get through. Anyways, just wanted to say that I'm sorry you hate it there.
hang in there, hopefully things will turn around or you can make that great friend that makes all the difference...
until then, think of how much money you will save if you don't feel like going out and how great your blogging time will be if you have time around the house!
I'm sorry! I hate moving to new places! Hopefully things will get better for you soon!
We have been so very fortunate in our duty stations, but not so lucky with the wards :o( So, it could suck at church too ;o)
I would tell Mike to put in for Schofield Barracks, but working at Tripler is a nightmare.
Hopefully one day we will be stationed a little closer!
Hang in there sista! My parents always tell me, "this too shall pass". Then, I think, "Pass to what? I guess it COULD be worse!" Sending you love and hugs and imaginary bon-bons!
LOL at Sarah!!! I always think the same thing, "what could be next?"...but I tend to be rather pessimistic sometimes when things are hard ;-)
Hang in there girly...all the things you listed are the reasons I don't like it here, but just think...we can't move from here until Isaiah graduates high school! Things can always be worse :-)
Post a Comment