Monday, April 27, 2009

North and South

Brittany recommended this movie to me a year or so ago. I watched it and it has since become one of my all time favorites. But then I am a sucker for this type of movie. :) Pride and Prejudice has always been one of my favorites and this movie has a very P&P feel to it...only BETTER!! At least in my opinion. (Surprisingly, I haven't read either of these books...shocking, I know!) Anyhoo, for those of you who haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do. Here is a little preview of the movie. Enjoy.

15 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

Oo- I just pulled my copy of this movie out of my DVD cabinet the other day. I need to watch it again!

Also- you need to watch the new 2007 version of Persuasion!

Brittany Marie said...

I just watched the trailer. I forgot how attractive Mr. Thornton is!!

Jillene said...

I have never seen it. BUT--it is actually sitting in a bag on my living room floor waiting for me to watch.

Crystal said...

Your mom got it for me for my birthday one year and I have loved it ever since. I am still a Mr. Darcy fan though.

Michelle said...

Brit, That one is actually next in my netflix queue. :)

I've always been a Mr. Darcy fan. But I've never been real happy with thier pick for Elizabeth Bennett. Is that wierd??

Erin said...

I've never even heard of this movie. Looks good!

Katelyn said...

I've had North and South on my watch instantly on netflix forever now and I still haven't watched it. I dont know why I haven't watched it yet. Everyone says it's so good.

Momma Sarah said...

Ok, that's not the North and South I was thinking of! (I as thinking the mini-series.) Oh yeah, from the trailer - I SOOOOOOOO gotta see that!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds so good- I love P&P and S&S...have you seen Jane Eyre- Masterpiece 2006 edition? Ohhhhhhhh so goooood!!!!

Crystal said...

I liked the Elizabeth much better before I just read the book. I am still a fan though

Jaimee said...

Your mom got me that movie for my birthday one year, too. I loved it, especially the ending. I've heard that there's a "Wives and Daughters" movie based on a book by the same author of "North and South". I'm going to try to find it and bring it to the hospital to watch when I go into labor!

Wendyburd1 said...

Is this a Bonnet movie??!!

Steph said...

Shelle, that's one of my favorites! I watched it at Mom's, and then went home and bought it, and I've seen it I-dont-know-how-many-times since. I invited a friend over to watch it with me once, and she just fell asleep about 40 minutes in, and then expressed no desire to watch the rest. I do not understand that at all!!!

Jules AF said...

Can I tell you that this preview gave me the shivers and not have you laugh at me?

Michelle said...

Good shivers or bad shivers? lol.