Mary reminded me that I have neglected to once again display my magnificent cake making abilities and post a picture of Mikes b-day cake. We unintentionally ended up with a Wii theme. I ordered a game for his birthday a few months ago and kinda last minute he decided he wanted to have people over and play Wii games. I figured why not go with a Wii cake. We came up with this idea the day of.

If I'd had a few more days to think about it I think they would have turned out a little better, but I thought they looked pretty good. :)
9 comments:
Awesome! What did you use for the buttons? I'm going to make an ipod cake for Mike's birthday.
They turned out really cute! You do so good at cake making! And, yeah, what did you use for all the buttons?
We actually just printed off pictures of Wii remotes, cut out the buttons, laminated them with contact paper and stuck them on. We just made sure to tell everyone that the buttons were NOT edible. :)
That is so cool, nice job!!
I'm glad you are able to deal with your annoying SIL that pesters you for photos ;o)
It looks great!!! Do you already have one planned for Mike's graduation?
I'm trying to figure out how to do a brain cake. It's gonna be tricky, cause no one makes brain cake pans. :)
What a woman!!
Haha those are cool. good idea on the buttons! And Michell...you can buy a brain jello mold on the internet. He could hae a jello cake :P or you could stuff it with rice crispys :) And then put pink frosting on it. with darker pink for the crinkles in the brain.
Or you can take one of your metal mixing bowls and cook a cake in that, then turn it upside down and frost it like I said to do the rice crispys.
That looks awesome! You did a splendid job, as usual!
The brain cake sounds disgusting though. It would end up looking like a mass of extracted intestines. Not edible. ;-) Why not a stethescope cake? Or a blood pressure cuff cake? Wait...what am I saying? I won't be there to eat the cake, so go wild with the brain cake! I look forward to seeing it! :-)
Post a Comment