
And I am a shopaholic. No, I wouldn't say that exactly. I would say I have a disorder that I diagnosed and named myself. It's called split shopping personality disorder. Some days, I have this overwhelming URGE to spend money. Usually I end up going on line and buying something for either me or the kids. It's usually the kids. Still, whether it's for me or not, I get a certain buzz from it. I have to get my fix every now and then. I often find myself spending impulsively. I was thinking the other day that half the time things are delivered and I don't remember ordering anything. Then I open it and go, "Oh yea. I remember now." Then there is the other part of me that knows we need certain things. So I will think about it decide exactly what I'm going to get, research, compare prices and finally find the cheapest place to get it from, but when I go to click the "place order" button I just can't bring myself to do it. I have been known do take 3 or 4 days to finally place my order. And when I do actually do it I sit there and feel guilty for spending money. I think that's the part of me that's used to being poor. I wish I could find a happy medium. I wonder if there is a medication for that. Oh wait. There is. It's called chocolate!
6 comments:
chocolate fixes everything! I think we all share a portion of your disorder. I love buying things for other people, and won't hesitate...but when it comes time for me to buy something I really need, I put it off forever and feel horrible for spending the money. You aren't alone!
I love the straight jacket. And I love the new picture of your family. So beautiful!
"oh wait, it's called chocolate" HAHAHAHA! Too true.
hahah... I like to spend as well! expecially when I'm stressed and when I shop I don't shop on line because after I feel better I usually return everything so I can keep my money.
I have shopping guilt sometimes - especially if I rush into the pruchase. Kevin has no shoppers remorse though, and so he helps balance me out, and I try to keep him from spending money :).
I'm so with you on cooking! Totally have to be in the mood, which is rare. Otherwise I loathe it, even tho I'm not terrible at it.. anymore. I don't like watching the them, but maybe pretending I'm on a cooking show would help make it more fun... I'll try that.
That's too funny about jacob! Maybe it's the splashing water? Have you tried him on a toddler toilet? that sucks.
As a fellow nutcase, I love sunday confessions. I also love the image at the top. I think I have a bit of split shopping personality disorder too. hehe. all that research and money for a dryer. and what if I'm not happy with it... but that new bedspread, I know I'll love.
Post a Comment