Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Confessions/Starring Chef Michelle

Confession: When I cook I often find myself pretending I'm on a cooking show in my head. "...and now for the cheese. I'm using a stronger, extra sharp, great value brand, cheddar cheese. Compliments of Walmart. We're just going to sprinkle it over the top like so. Go ahead, pile it on." I also love to watch cooking shows on TV. The food network is one of my favorite channels. (HGTV is my other favorite.)

Kind of ironic considering I typically don't like to cook. In fact, unless I'm really in the mood, I LOATH it. It's one of those duties you do for survival and some days you just can't bring yourself to do it so you grab a frozen pizza from the freezer and throw it in the oven. It's not that I'm bad at it, in fact I've gotten pretty good at it over the last few years and can make some pretty good stuff, but it's just not fun for me. I'm also good at folding laundry, but I hate doing that too. I can't wait to teach my kids to cook so I can hand the responsibility off to them occasionally. Hey, then I will have a REAL audience and not have to pretend in my head any more.

________________________________________________
What's Done is Done

Background. For some reason Jacob has major anxiety about pooping in the potty. So rather than dealing with cleaning poopy underwear I let him poop in a diaper. He usually tries to get away with staying in the diaper for as long as possible because he doesn't like stopping what he's doing to go to the bathroom. Today he slipped up though.

Jacob: Mom, I pooped!!!!
Me: Good. That means you can go back into undies.
Jacob: *head down, sigh* Mama, I can't change my past.

I think he watches to many Disney movies.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'd watch your cooking show :o)

that boy is too smart for his own good!

Grandma Arnold said...

He's a tad dramatic

Jaysonsmom said...

I love watching cooking shows as well and loathe cooking and folding laundry. In fact I now hang everything except socks, underwear and pj bottoms. All of which I throw in drawers because they don't have to be folded lol. My son would love to cook if I would let him. And as far as him folding laundry I don't have the patience so he is now in charge of hanging his clothes lol.

Anaise said...

I gotta laugh at Jacob's comment--that is an absolute crack-up!

(And good for you making your loathsome task fun!)

Lisa Brown said...

I love cooking shows too. Back when we lived in Savannah, I used to watch Paula Deen all the time, and then once we saw her on our flight home. I had watched her enough that Lily recognized her as "the nice lady from TV." We got her autograph and even a picture with her :).