Saturday, June 5, 2010

"You HAVE to blog about this."

"And the title should be, 'kids are disgusting'."

This is what Mike just said to me as he was giving Lizzie a bath after the most recent poop mess she made. It's been a while since she pooped on the floor last. She was doing so good. But I can't really blame her this time. In her defence, her diaper was falling off because it was pretty soggy and I was feeding the baby and couldn't change it right away and Mike was outside slaughtering ants, so I had her take it off and throw it in the garbage. I figured she'd be fine until I finished and I'd put a new diaper on her then. But, then of course, I got side tracked. She came to me a while later asking for a diaper and I told her I would do it in "just a minute". A few minutes later I hear Mike in the other room. "AAAAAAAAAH, MICHELLE WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY!!" I knew right away what it was. He was totally freaking out, but I was thinking it was the the smallest poop mess she'd ever made. There were a few smudges on the carpet and on a bean bag chair, but according to Mike it was ALL over the living room. (He never saw her previous messes that really were all over the living room.) haahaha. The part he found most disgusting though, and I happen to agree with him on this one, was that she had it on her face and around her mouth. I don't think she ate it, but she had it on her hands and probably just ended up wiping it on her face. He had the task of cleaned her up, which was the worst part. It's not easy to clean that girl up while she's squirming and trying to put her hands in it and smear it around even more. I had the easy part of cleaning up the mess in the living room. I'm glad he was here today to experience it first hand instead of just hearing me rant about it when he got home. And he's probably now regretting telling me, "You HAVE to blog about this".