Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Little Budding Chef

This kid LOVES to help me in the kitchen. Yesterday I made soup. He helped me chop the veggies with my little chopper thingy. Then he added the noodles to the water and made sure to stir them every 5 seconds. I let him add most of the ingredients.

Stirring the noodles.

A little pepper

A LOT of Tabasco.



Stir some more.



Voiole'! (think Little Mermaid) You've got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of soup that humans go NUTS over.


And because HE made it, I told him he had to try it to make sure it was good and he ate a whole bowl of it. Hmmm...maybe that is the secret to getting him to eat dinner.

4 comments:

Grandma Arnold said...

sounds like you are onto something great

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Hey once he gets good at it, you wont have to make dinner all the time. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Debbie said...

Very nice! You're such a good mom, Shelle. I always seem to be in such a rush that I don't always let Alex help when she wants to.

Mary said...

you're so smart!!