Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not So Guilty Pleasures

I have Steph to thank for this post. While she was here visiting we went shopping and I wanted to get some good snack foods. I grabbed the usual, boring goldfish and generic wheat thins and graham crackers and Steph got these goodies. I couldn't have found these at a better time. When I'm stressed I like to take comfort in food. With these I am able to just take a quick break, have a little tasty snack (instead of waiting until the kids fall asleep and binge on whatever I can get my hands on) and get back to wanting to kill myse...I mean taking care of my wonderfully, pleasant children. (Did I mention I just added potty training a second kid into the craziness?? Yes, I am insane.)

Move over goldfish, your being replaced. Even the kids preferred these crackers. They couldn't get enough of the cheesy goodness. I think the kind she got had white cheddar, not parmesan, but the parmesan is really good too. The combination of the two different kinds of cheese, one slightly strong flavored and one mild flavored, makes your taste buds want to do a happy dance, and assuming I stay within the 25 cracker serving size (which is usually about all I have time for) I can eat these guilt free without adding to my already expanding hips and backside.

I'm usually not a huge fan of Crystal Lite type drink mixes, but when she left this behind I decided to try it just out of curiosity because I LOVE lime. Lets just say when I went shopping yesterday I came home with several boxes. I was struggling with staying hydrated before and now I have no problems getting in plenty of water. I'm sure it's probably better to drink plain water, but that just gets boring, and this stuff is pretty low calorie and sugar free. :) The only problem now is keeping the kids away from my water mug. They seem to love it too.

Okay, this one might be a little bit of a guilty pleasure, but I justify it by reminding myself that it is dark chocolate and dark chocolate is good for you right?! RIGHT?!?! Which is probably why I'm not typically a big fan of the dark variety. I am more of a milk chocolate type of person, but these little morsels of happiness have pomegranate hidden in the center, and I don't know what it is about these flavors but they compliment each other so perfectly it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. *drool* It's probably a good thing these are so expensive, otherwise I would indulge way to much.
I just thought I'd share in case your taste buds are in need of some livening up. :)

5 comments:

Tara Priddis said...

I love the D. Chocolate Pomegranate. They are sooooo good! Aren't Sisters the best!

Mary said...

Eric has been a fan of the Duoz for awhile...and those drink mixes are the only reason I stay hydrated on a daily basis. Great finds!

Ruth said...

Anything that brings out Michelle's happy dance has to be awesome. :)

All your treat talk is making me miserable . . . is it just me, or are you hungrier when nursing than when pregnant? Cravings galor!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

mmmmmm.....ggrr, well I'm ready for a midnight shopping trip! I've been in the mood for sweets ALL DAY. I was going to make cookies, but we only have powdered milk cause I left out our gallon 2 days ago. :( oh well. tomorrow is shopping day. I'll just get it then. Though I may also have to get those cheeseits.

Momma Sarah said...

OH! We LOVE the white cheddar cheese ones! Well, at least Lori and I do! YUMMY!!!!!! Now, I might have to go in search of those other things now, too!