Friday, April 30, 2010

Chocapy

Occasionally...okay pretty regularly, when the kids are having melt downs and I am at the end of my rope, I gather everyone into the kitchen and we have what I like to call "chocolate therapy". I will get out some spoons and break open a jar of nutella, either that or tear into a bag of chocolate chips. It works quite well and has saved my sanity several times. Today I had one of those moments. Lizzie was screaming in the hallway because she wasn't getting something she wanted and Jacob was crying because he wanted to go outside, but I wouldn't let him because he kept leaving the door open earlier, so his outside time privilege was revoked. Jimmy was crying because he was hungry and I couldn't sit down to feed him because the other kids were both freaking out. So, I did what I had to do. "OKAY!!!! Everyone in the kitchen for some chocolate therapy NOW!!!" All the sudden crying stop, ears perk up and I hear "chocolate??" So they run into the kitchen and I give them each a spoonful of nutella. Lizzie likes to eat hers slowly and savor it. Jacob on the other hand eats it in one bite and comes back asking for more. Today was no exception. He ate it as fast as he could and brought his spoon back to me and sweetly requested "more chocapy, pwease".

10 comments:

Tara Priddis said...

Oh I have days when I'm like Jacob and I want to just eat it quickly. Then I have days where I'm like Lizzie and I savor it. I love your idea of Chocapy, I need some of those more often.

Mary said...

those moments always seem to happen either at 2am or 10am when i've been up for over 24hrs. i'm glad chocolate works for you!

Penny said...

You are brilliant. I am going to start that at my home immediately. I should buy stock in Hershey's now.

Wendyburd1 said...

Seriously I ALMOST buy this Nutella ALL the time, but I ask myself if it is that good and how bad is it for me? TELL ME!! :)

Michelle said...

Calorie wise it's worse than pb and it has a ton of sugar just like most chocolate. So...not that great for you. :) It's probably the equivalent of melting a candy bar and putting it in a jar and calling it a spread. lol.

Lisa Brown said...

What a great idea to extend the therapy to your kids as well :). And I had to tell you that Lizzy was awesome in nursery today. It must be that she knows me better from babysitting swap :).

Grandma Arnold said...

How cute. Doesn't chocolate fix everything?

Debbie said...

That's awesome!! Chocapy! I love it! A whole new kind of awesome therapy. :-)

Jaimee said...

I am seriously considering implementing this in my home. Usually I sneak into the pantry on a bad day and try to eat a handfull of chocolate chips without Allayna noticing. But I'm sure her behavior would improve if I included her! Brilliant.

Jaysonsmom said...

I think my sons behavior would get worse just so he could have it lol. Of course he is nine so a good grounding from all his toys really doesn't work lol.