Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Firstborn is 4!!


Actually he doesn't know it's his birthday. He thinks it's tomorrow. Mike will be getting off of a 36 hour shift this afternoon and will be sleeping the rest of the day away, so we decided to celebrate tomorrow when he has the day off. But I wanted to do a post of Jacob today on his actual birthday.


This morning he woke up around 5:30am and came and laid down by me. He snuggled up to me and says, "Little Star, mama". Confused, I asked him what he was talking about and he starts singing "twinkle, twinkle little star", then says again, "Little star!!" Ahh, he wants me to sing twinkle, twinkle little star to him. So I started singing and he was back asleep before I finished the song. It was cute. I love my snuggly little boy.


Happy Birthday Jakers!!! We sure are glad you're part of our family.

9 comments:

Katelyn said...

How cute! I love those moments!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Aw! What a sweetie pie! Happy birthday to Jacob! Where the heck did the time go?

Jenn said...

100% adorable! Does he always wake up @ 5:30?
We did the pretend b-day thing with our twins last year....worked out fine:)
(who knows in 20 years they may look back and really be affected lol)

Michelle said...

Jen, no 5:30am is not his usual wake up time. Although, he does regularly wake up sometime in the middle of the night and come climb into bed with me. lol.

Sheridy said...

I love those snuggly moments too. Nothing makes a mothers day go better when she know that she is the only one who can confort their child.

Grandma Arnold said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

millie said...

Happy birthday, Jacob, hope you have a fun day celebrating tomorrow!

Lisa Brown said...

I love that you are tricking him into thinking his birthday is a different day. I could have totally done that with Derek, but Lily would have been much harder to trick :).

Debbie said...

Aw, so cute!! Happy birthday, Jacob!!