Sunday, March 7, 2010

Determination

As I've mentioned before, Lizzie is going through a phase where she refuses to keep her diaper on. She has been a little better over the last couple days, and she usually only does it now when she is either wet and needs a diaper change anyways, or is throwing a temper tantrum. It's not unusual for me to find a diaper being hurled at me when she is mad at me. Mike is pretty determined to get her to stop. Unfortunately, Lizzie is even MORE determined to keep it up. I have given up trying, but not Mike. First he insisted that we keep a onsie on her. But, of course, it didn't take her long to figure out how to get out of that. So, we pinned the bottom of the onsie on. It took her about 10 seconds to figure out how to wiggle her way out from the top. So, Mike then decided to pin the top of her onsie so there was no room to get out the top, and plus pinning the bottom. This worked for about a day. Today, she was upstairs playing by herself. The rest of us were downstairs in the office when I started to hear Lizzie crying, like she was stuck or something. So I ran upstairs to rescue her, only to find her standing there, diaper in hand, onsie still on, trying her darnedest to get that onsie off. She was not successful. But, I could not WAIT to show Mike that she had once again out smarted him. He has since made the suggestion that we cinch up the bottom of the onsie so she can't work the diaper off plus put pin her pants to her onsie. I'm thinking, seriously??? You really think your gonna win this one?? I say no. What do you think?

Not to mention, I foresee some major head butting between the two when she gets older. Oy.

11 comments:

Kacey said...

haaaaaaahahahaha I can just picture the battle...I want to come visit again. I miss you guys!

Tara Priddis said...

(Priddis)
This happened with Ireland and I got to the point where I did the onsie and overalls (I sewed the overalls so she couldn't get out of them). Good Luck!

Mary said...

you have one crafty little girl...can't wait til she's a teenager ;o)

Alecia said...

My friend duct tapes the diaper on to her little boy. It works pretty well. You could always try that!

Michelle said...

Oh yes, I left out how we have tried duct tape too. lol. Although, I've been told if it didn't work I didn't use nearly enough. hahaha.

Ruth said...

Frustrating as that sounds, it's really funny to read about. Determination is a very fitting title. Plus you have to be pretty stubborn to go to all that work to prove a point.

Katelyn said...

That is hilarious!

Amyleigh said...

Oh my...I am laughing so hard right now and don't know what to tell ya...she is so much like Mike!! LOL!!!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I say potty train her. If she really doesnt want a diaper on, let her have her way, but get her on the toilet. YOU CAN DO IT!

millie said...

She's probably just at that streaking stage that kids go through. :)

Lisa Brown said...

Sorry, I am too busy laughing to think of any suggestions :).