Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Mom, I ready to go to bed" and "clocket"

I was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make the kids for dinner when I hear Jacob say, "Mom, I tired. I want to lay down. I ready to go to bed."

Uh...what? Did I hear that right? No, probably not. So I go on about my business.

"MOM! I ready to go to bed!!"

I look over and see him putting his pillow on the couch where he usually goes to sleep at night. (For some reason both kids sleep better on the couch, so I humor them for the sake of my own sleep.) Okay, so I get his blanket, he lays down and I cover him up and, again, go about my business assuming he will be up and playing again in a few minutes. 10 minutes later I walk passed the couch and he is fast asleep and I was so happy. Then I looked at my watch and realized it was only 4:30 and was not so happy. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing he's gonna be awake and ready to play at around 2am.

**********************

Lizzie is my little climber. I've started having to stack the kitchen chairs today so she can't push them to the counter and climb up. Today I found her on the counter with all the cupboards open, going through the food coloring. (I have a lot of food coloring.) That could have been disastrous. Then a little later I found BOTH kids sitting on the counter finishing off a bowl of frosting I had sitting there.

Earlier today, I was in my bathroom doing my hair, when she came to me with the bottle of Nutella that she had climbed up and got out of one of the cupboards. She handed it to me and says "clocket!". "Yes, you found the chocolate." I tell her. "Clocket, clocket!!!" she says impatiently. Okay, I will get you some when I'm done with my hair. She wasn't very happy about that. She wanted her "clocket" and she wanted it NOW. She finally got so frustrated she threw the bottle at me and walked away pouting. She gets that from me. Never come between a woman and her "clocket"!

6 comments:

Sheridy said...

LOL, That is great about the "clocket" I hope Jacob sleeps a really long time for you cuz your gonna need it. I hope he isn't getting sick. Well I hope you have a great week

Wendyburd1 said...

That is so cute!! But what time did he wake up? He isn't sick is he?

And man, what are you gonna do, put cabinet locks in? And seriously, what is with this Nutella, I see it bu it sounds bad for you being like chocolate, if it isn't bad for you, let me know, it looks yummy for sure!

Michelle said...

Well, HE'S not sick (he was a few days ago though). But Lizzie woke up puking this morning. sigh.

Oh, and he woke up around 9pm and didn't go back to sleep until after midnight. So I was off by a few hours. lol.

Lisa Brown said...

Derek used to put himself down for naps sometimes. It was always crazy to find him cuddled up in his blanket sound asleep. Now that he is older and doesn't nap anymore, he still does it at times, and it I feel a lot like you did, because it means he won't sleep at night.

Michelle said...

Lisa, ya he took a nap again on sunday and didn't go to bed that night until midnight. Aaaaah.

Momma Sarah said...

Oh dear! At least he went back to sleep, eh? Remember Abby's cockate milk? That's so funny (not really) that she threw it and went of pouting!