Forgive me. It's been a while since my last confession. I know it's not a great excuse but, I just forgot okay! :) Monday always comes around and it hits me, "doh, I forgot my Sunday confession. Oh well, next week, next week". Then next week comes and it's a repeat of the previous week, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anyhoo, today's confession:
I am totally scared of elevators. I've come a long way though. I used to be completely terrified of them and as soon as I would step into one I would immediately start fervently praying that we would make it to our floor without plummeting to our death. I just have this horrible fear that a cable is gonna snap or something and the whole thing is gonna free fall to the basement and we will all be found in a crumpled pile of broken bones and blood oozing from our ears and noses. Pretty gruesome picture isn't it? I would rather take the stairs ANY day. However, in many places the stairs are reserved only for emergencies and they have signs warning you that if you open the door an alarm will sound. So I am forced to face my fear and ride the horrid things. But like I said, I have come a long way and there have been a few times in the recent past when I WILLINGLY took the elevator instead of the stairs.
I also have a fear of flying for the same reason. What if an engine explodes and we fall out of the sky like on Madagascar 2. Minus the parachute that gives them a nice gentle landing at the last minute. Whenever I plan to fly somewhere I have anxiety for weeks thinking about all the awful possibilities. No, the closer I can stay to firm ground, the better. Thank you very much.
2 comments:
A couple of weeks ago the elevator door closed on my stroller as I tried to follow two of my children into the elevator. It wouldn't re-open, so as I wrenched the stroller out of the door grip, it closed . . . with my small children inside and me outside!
We're all traumatized.
Now we take the stairs.
The elevators at our hospital are so crappy...people get stuck in them at least once a day!! Luckily I haven't yet, but I have stepped in one and have it drop about 3 in inches, so I ran out of it before the door closed.
Post a Comment