Friday, July 23, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

With Thanksgiving being only 4 months away (hehe) I have been trying to decide on a new dinnerware set to grace my table this year. I have narrowed it down to these affordable options. Compliments of Walmart. Option #1 would be this 2 toned taupe set. I think it is super classy but I'm not sure the colors would go with the gold curtains and painting I have in there.



Option #2 would be one set each of these. But, again, the whole gold thing. I'm not worried about the yellow, just the green. But I like the green, both colors go well with the place mats I have...hmmm. Option #3 would be 2 sets of just the yellow. I particularly like the yellow because it is bright and cheery.

Ahhhh, these ever so important life decisions. I simply cannot decide by myself. If I do, I will have no one to blame but myself if my table looks bad this holiday season. And we can't have that. Can we.

11 comments:

Amyleigh said...

LOVE the 1st one!!! The colors are neutral and would look awesome with gold curtains...just my humble opinion ;-)

Sheridy said...

I have to agree, go with the first. Not a fan of the yellow because that is a summer color and thanksgiving is in the fall. I think that I would also wait a little longer until the fall stuff comes out. But if you must buy now go with #1

Carla said...

The first one's so classy! Love it.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Agreed to all of the above! First on eis TOTALLY the best pic. Love the two toned colored set. And I think it'd look great with gold. Very sheik.

Grandma Arnold said...

#1

Mary said...

I think the first set is good b/c it'll work for every season, and I know how much you love the Japanese decor!

Also, if you choose the second set, I have 3-4 place settings that are similar color, with the addition of red also, that have been sitting in a box for many many years...to include placemats. They are yours for the taking...the only catch is I won't mail them, so you'll just have to visit, then take them home :o)

Grandma Arnold said...

Okay, Michelle, I took the plunge and purchased the Mosaic pattern. Now it is your turn! Recommendation: Do not purchase dinnerware based on your placemats.

Grandma Arnold said...

To correct above comment: Do not purchase dinnerware limited by place mats on hand. Be adventurous.

Katelyn said...

I love the first one!

Ruth said...

Because I am a classy girl (ya right), I pick number one. Because you are a classy girl, I think it will be a great addition to your Thanksgiving table.

Marshall Madness said...

We think you should go with #1. Also please do not make the decision based on curtain color!! Those things can be changed too!!