You've all heard the advice of not going grocery shopping while hungry, but I've decided that it's just as bad to shop when you're full. Why? Because, when your full, all the sudden NOTHING sounds good. I guess it's all about the balance of being not hungry but not full. But come on. Who has the time to actually time shopping like that. "Okay, Lunch was 2 hours ago and dinner is in 4. If I make the kids skip nap time, I can go shopping now and and get back just in time to start dinner and not worry about buying too much or not enough."I went shopping a couple nights ago a few hours after dinner and I was just the right amount of hungry. It was the perfect shopping trip. I got everything on my list. There was no "Ugh, yogurt does NOT sound good right now. I'll skip it this time. Also, lasagna doesn't sound good either, so I'll skip all the ingredients to that as well" or "Oh my goodness that double fudge, chocolate, brownie ice cream and cookies, and doughnuts, and chips, sounds soooooo good right now". No, I walked away with everything I needed and ONLY what I needed. BUT, I HATE shopping at night. At the end of the day, all I want to do is relax. So, I've decided that if I have to choose between shopping while I'm hungry or shopping when I'm full, I choose hungry. Because I'd rather have too much food than not enough. If I gain a few extra pounds, I'll deal with it. At least I won't have to deal with loading the kids up and going BACK to the dreaded grocery store mid week, because the kids ran out of snack foods or I skipped ingredients to a meal that didn't sound good at the time.
Mmmmm...double fudge, chocolate, brownie ice cream sound really good right now.
3 comments:
hahaha.. What a day to post this When I have to go shopping in just a few hours. and Honestly I would have to say that I agree with you 100% on going hungry. I don't always buy a ton of junk food when hungry but I do buy stuff that I wouldn't buy because I think we can't aford it. like yogurt. I don't buy that very often. Thanks for the post and you crack me up.
You are so smart, S-M-R-T!!! If I shop when I'm hungry I buy pretty much ALL junk food...I'd rather be full :o)
lol....thats awesome. I think most of us feel that way. But I totally disagree on th shopping at night. I LOVE it. leave the kids at home with dad, and I can take as long as I want. Not to mention we live in a small town and EVERYONE shops at walmart. Night time is the only time lines are short and I can breath while shopping.
Post a Comment