Friday, May 28, 2010

The Potty Watch



What can I say? I'm a fan. Jacob is the type of kid who does not like stopping what he is doing to go to the potty, and I NEVER remember to remind him. In fact, I think he gets it from me cause I HATE stopping what I am doing to make him go potty. I also hate going into the kitchen and setting the timer in there every time he goes to remind me to remind him when it's time for him to go again. So, we have been going through about 10 pairs of undies a day. It drives me crazy. I bought this watch a while ago, but at that point he just wasn't ready for potty training. So, it's been sitting around unused. The kids would occasionally play with it (cause it plays fun music and all) but today I decided it was time to break it out and see how it would go. It has worked wonderfully. *knock on wood* Even when he's outside and I can't hear the watch go off, he gets all excited and runs in and lets me know the watch went off. And as soon as the song stops playing it automatically resets. So, we have successfully made it through half the day with no accidents. It's been awesome! :) I highly recommend this thing.

8 comments:

Sheridy said...

Way to go!! I'm so glad that it works for you. It didn't work for me because Alli found the button that will let the music go off at any time. so it was pointless for me. I hope that it does the trick a week from now. Good Luck.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

YAY! Dont we all love miricles. lol. Hurray for less laundry!!

Mary said...

WooHoo!!! What a fun idea.

Texasholly said...

THAT is genius.

Carla said...

SWEET. where do i get one?

Michelle said...

I think I got Jacobs from Amazon. But I decided to order Lizzie a pink one today and I found it a little cheaper at www.pottytimeinc.com. The watch is actually about the same price, but shipping is cheaper. :)

Sheridy, when did you get yours? On the one I have, the button that plays the music doesn't work when the timer is going. It only works when the timer is turned off. And it is a little tricky to turn the timer off. You have to push and hold one button and then push the second button. It takes me a few tries getting the timer started and stopped. lol.

Steph said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad it's working!

Jaysonsmom said...

Wow that is cool. Where was that seven years ago when my son was a pain to potty train lol.