Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Magic of New Appliances

We got a new washing machine yesterday. We were going to wait until we moved to get it, but it was on sale and we couldn't pass it up. It was a pretty good deal. They delivered it yesterday and I am in LOVE! It's awesome. My clothes actually get clean. Our old one did the job, but just barely. Forget about blankets though. They came out looking exactly like they did going in. Which sucks when you have sick, puking kids. Ugh. The new one is so quiet and it spins the clothes so well that they take half the time to dry. PLUS it managed to get Mike to do several loads of laundry last night. It must be magic!! Our steam cleaner had the same effect when we got it. He steam cleaned all the carpet in the living room. Too bad our oven didn't have the same magic when we bought it. :)
Hopefully in a few months we will be able to afford a matching dryer. For now we have to continue using our ugly old one. But at least it works. :)

9 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

yay! I'm so excited for you! I love my front loaders. And they work amazingly. And out of all the HE detergents I've tried, tide gets EVERYTHING out the best. That includes baby diaper blowouts. Its like it almost never happened!

One thing I will say though, when you can get the dryer, make sure you get one that opens opposit your washer, so when you put them side to side the door isnt in your way. Other than that, they're awesome! Congratz on the new apliance!

Jillene said...

I am SO jealous!! Maybe if I had a front loader I wouldn't hate laundry so much!!

dust and kam said...

Awesome! You will love it! I still get excited to do laundry with mine and it's been 3.5 years! :)

The Reynolds said...

I love my front loader, too. My old one didn't even have a knob and I could only wash on delicate. Gross. Isn't it amazing how nice your clothes smell when they're actually clean. I didn't even realize I was "stinky" before that.

And it's wonderful the effect that new appliances have on men. They just can't resist trying it out.

Michelle said...

We actually washed some of my massage sheets that have started smelling like stale oil lately. I tried everything with the last washer. One wash through the new one and they smell fresh again. YAY.

Mary said...

You have the same one was me (if the pic is of your new one)

I bought mine in HI, and it put up with Eric's disgusting swamp uniforms & boots for 3 years without a hiccup. I hope you have the same luck!!

Crystal said...

Happy Day!!! Are the front loading ones really good? I would love to get one. Did you ever think you would get so excited about being able to wash clothes???

Wendyburd1 said...

Is that the one that dries clothes in like 15 minutes??

Unknown said...

I love my front loader, too. So quiet!!!

Good job not getting the dryer until you can actually pay for it! It is tough sticking to a budget- but somebody's got to do it! Enjoy that washer!