Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good-bye Winter

Today is the first official day of spring. Hallelujah! Spring makes me happy. Here are some things I love about spring.

More time outside. Since it's not to cold and not to hot being outside is a lot more enjoyable for longer periods of time and there are not a lot of bugs yet. More time outside=happier kids. I think they get stir crazy being couped up inside all the time.

Spring flowers. Tulips are everywhere in my yard. They grow in random places around my house. I have to remember to dig up some bulbs to take with me before we move.

Blossoms on the trees. There are lots of trees here and in the spring when the blossoms come out you drive down the street and see all sorts of spring colors. It's cool.

Spring clothes. Some people wear shorter skirts in the winter, but I just can't do it. I hate being cold and usually during the winter I wear long skirts with thermals underneath. In the spring I can wear cute, lighter, shorter skirts without freezing. I love capris, and short sleeved shirts.

The extra hour of sunlight. While I hate losing an hour of sleep, I LOVE having an extra hour of sunlight. Sunlight makes me happy.

Waking up to the sound of birds. Although I don't like that they poop on everything.

Spending less money on utilities. It's not cold enough to run the heat during the day and not hot enough to run the air conditioning.

Getting ready to plant a garden. Although, this year we won't be planting, since we won't be around long enough to benefit from it.

Breaking out the BBQ grill. We grill all through spring and summer. Mainly just to avoid heating up the house by cooking inside, but there are so many fun things to grill and grilled food just tastes soooo good. It will probably cause cancer, but right now, I don't care. haha.

Easter and April General Conference.

Things I don't like about spring...

April fools day. I always forget about it and Mike always gets me with something. Grrrrr.

Severe weather. The sound of those sirens totally freak me out.

Allergies. I don't suffer from them as much as I used to, but it does hit me every now and then.

I'm sure I could think of more things I don't like, but I don't want to. :)

Happy spring all.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Great list!!It is nice to be able enjoy the sun without a sweater ;o)

I wish I only suffered from allergies in the spring.

Brittany Marie said...

I loved your list! Too bad its snowing here. Boo.