Friday, March 20, 2009

Former CEO now delivering pizzas???

How does that even happen? How do you go from making $750k a year, to delivering pizza and being hundreds of thousands in debt? I just don't get it.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I couldn't get the link to work. It just took me to a Yahoo sign in screen. However, I'm sleep deprived and functioning like a zombie at the moment so maybe the problem is just my presently non-functioning brain. :-)

Michelle said...

Well lame. You must have to have a yahoo account to see it. Rude. If I get time I will see if I can find a different link.

Christa said...

Now I know why I couldn't get it to work either. However, I think it's probably entirely too easy to go from making that much money to being heavily in debt and broke.

Unknown said...

I am on the laptop and links are iffy, at best, but I have to just say this....
debt is the enemy!

brandon and jakell said...

easy...you get laid off or just loose your job. We went from making over $50 thousand a year to $0 overnight. people are losing their jobs like crazy and its hard to find anything else out there. We know alot of people who are still laid off since October and seriously searching for almost anything! Luckily Brandon just got a job offer already but around here anyone will take anything they can. We have a friend who was hiring at a fast food place and got over two thousand applications turned in...basic fast food job. The economy is soooo bad, you almost have to take whatever you can. its not easy. We are blessed Brandon got the call for his job offer last weekend we were getting ready to put the house up for sale and sick not knowing what else to do. It just the signs of the times and the world crashing down around us. I will have to try to get that link to work and ready the story. anywho...enough jabbering...just my opinion in how ;)

Michelle said...

Well he did lose his job, but my point is, if the guy was making 750k a year (which means he made more in a month than you guy did in a year) he should have been able to have enough saved to just retire when his businesss went under. But you have to see the clip to see the obvious mistakes this guy made. Watching it I can totally see how it could have been prevented, but he obviously just wasn't willing to give up his lavish lifestyle. So instead his family now being homeless, if he'd planned right, he could still be living rather comfortably. That's all I'm saying.

Momma Sarah said...

I saw this the other day, too! Yeah, where was his 'rainy day' fund? We all don't make very good choices sometimes when we are 'rakin it in'. But, at how many K's do you start thinking, 'Wow, I should really be setting more aside and skip a few vacations."?