I usually forget to get out my camera when we are doing our advent activities. We've done several, but these are some that I've snapped in the last few days. Actually, the sugar cookies are an activity I have scheduled for next week, but on Sunday I really wanted to make them, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to do it twice. :) We didn't actually do much cookie decorating though cause I didn't have a lot to work with since it was a last minute decision. But that's okay. Cause Jacob had fun cutting them out and playing with the dough.

Yesterday we made paper Christmas trees and decorated them with sprinkles and candy. They didn't get passed the sprinkles before they just decided to eat all the candy. Although, when I brought out the marshmallows, Lizzie had fun sticking those on her tree. She calls them snacks. We used karo syrup for glue, cause I'm not a fan of my kids eating candy with Elmer's glue on it. Ick. Or in the words of Lizzie, "ssssick! yyyyucky!"

We've got lots more fun stuff planned. If we can get to the store today to buy fruit loops, we are making fruit loop garlands for the tree. I love Christmas!!


3 comments:
sounds like the kids and grownups had a wonderful time.
I LOVE the face Jacob is making in the first christmas tree decorating pic!
I'm getting so excited...no pressure, but I plan to be entertained by you the entire time I'm visiting!
The paper trees are cute. When we were little I remember using sugar cones, green frosting and candy to make "trees." Fun, but I'm sure we were on a sugar high for days afterward. Yours are probably better for the body and for mom's mental health. :)
Post a Comment