Since Mike had the weekend off and so did our friend Jon who lives in DC, we decided to take a weekend trip up there to visit him and his wife. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them on Saturday and they took us to a great pizza place. Jacob and Lizzie had fun playing with Lana, their dog. Overall it was a really good visit.
Sunday we got up early and headed to Church at 9am. We were a little late and by the time we got there, there was no more room for us to sit so we ended up just sitting on the couch in the foyer. There were actually several late comers and I was kind of surprised they never opened up the overflow. Oh well. One of those late comers was a girl I went to school with who grew up in the same neighborhood and me. I was so surprised to see a familiar face. It really is a small world. But it was fun to see her and her cute family and chat with her (even though we should have been listening to the speakers. haa.)
After church we headed back to our hotel to change and check out. Then we decided to go get some pictures at the DC temple. It is one of my favorite temples. It is so pretty. It's even prettier in the summer time when the reflection pool isn't frozen over and the trees and grass are green. :) But we still got some good pictures of it.
Jacob was just happy to be outside playing in the snow. He has been asking for snow for the longest time. I kept telling him that we don't get snow where we live, but he just didn't understand. So, we were pleasantly surprised when there was still snow on the ground when we got there.

He kept saying, "I like it here. I like the snow". He didn't care that it was freezing cold.

Lizzie on the other hand was not a fan of the cold. I couldn't bundle her up enough. She kept saying, "It's coowd, it's cooooowd" and wanting me to hold her. I forgot to bring my own hat and gloves so I too was quite cold. I ended up having to put my scarf over my head to keep my ears from freezing. I looked quite lovely. :)




We plan to take this trip again sometime in the summer. That way we will be able to go see more stuff while we are there. I must say, although I'm not a fan of living in ghettoville and I do miss living closer to home, I love being close enough to go see all these fun places. I'm glad we are taking advantage of the time we have here to do fun stuff and I think I might actually miss it when it comes time to leave.

Lizzie on the other hand was not a fan of the cold. I couldn't bundle her up enough. She kept saying, "It's coowd, it's cooooowd" and wanting me to hold her. I forgot to bring my own hat and gloves so I too was quite cold. I ended up having to put my scarf over my head to keep my ears from freezing. I looked quite lovely. :)

You can just see how happy Jacob was to be there.



We plan to take this trip again sometime in the summer. That way we will be able to go see more stuff while we are there. I must say, although I'm not a fan of living in ghettoville and I do miss living closer to home, I love being close enough to go see all these fun places. I'm glad we are taking advantage of the time we have here to do fun stuff and I think I might actually miss it when it comes time to leave.
6 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! I was just thinking, I'm jealous that you get to go to all these fun places without traveling for days! Way to look on the bright side of things. :)
I love the DC temple!!! Way back in the day, that was the closest temple to us in NC, and it was a great once a year trek for the youth!
I'm glad you finally got to see some snow for all this crazy cold weather we're all having!
So, does that mean you're gonna make a trip down to FL sometime too?
Your so funny! I just had to laugh when you mentioned coming to miss "ghettoville". Your trip looked fun! I wish we'd do more things like that! Jacob would be loving life here, with all the stinking snow we've had lately- it's been insane!
Snow is pretty to look at but I do not like being out in it! Glad Jacob was able to enjoy 'snow.' I'm with Lizzie; it is too stinking cold!!!
Who did you see from the old neighborhood?
Okay, so maybe the next neighborhood over. lol. It was Elizabeth Chamberlain.
Post a Comment