Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's true...she's two!!!

I can't believe it. I know parents say it constantly, but it's true. Time just goes by so fast. This girly is so much fun and just chuck full of personality and cuteness (and a little bit of attitude). We just love her so much and are so glad she is a part of our family.


I'm sure you noticed the running white frosting. Note to self, marshmallow cream + room temperature=

Pretty creepy lookin' huh? I'm glad I got pictures of it while it still looked cute.


But hey, at least it still tasted good.

Jacob was just itching to get at this cake. All day he kept saying, "wanna eat the bug!!!"
For dinner we made our own pizzas. They turned out really good. (skookie pans are the coolest by the way!!)
Mike stayed up way passed his bed time putting together her birthday present last night. I locked it in the guest room so she wouldn't see it. That way, Mike would be home when she saw it for the first time. Well, Just before I started dinner, Jacob came up to me talking about a house. He was all excited and kept saying, "Mamma's house?? Mamma's house??" I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, so I had him show me. He led me upstairs and I found that they some how got that door open and had discovered it! So, neither of us got to see her reaction when she first saw it. Oh well. She loves it and I guess that's all that matters.
Happy Birthday Lulu. We love you!!!

7 comments:

Sheridy said...

Aww How cute!! Happy Birthday Lizzy!! Now where did you find those pizza pans at? I've never seen them before.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Wow she's so big! I was floored when she started counting on the video! Dont know why, she's the right age for it, it just seams weird.

Also I love that you let your kids run around "naked" all day too. SSSOO glad I'm not the only one. Happy Birthday LIZZIE!

Mis ya!

Jaimee said...

What a cute kitchen! Mike did such a good job, and the cake looks so yummy. I need to get some of those pans! I've been craving cake since I saw your cake on facebook, and now I really want some pizza, too!

Michelle said...

The pizza pans are mini Skookie cast iron skillets and I was able to find them on Amazon.com. They were about $10 a piece. They are serioulsy so much fun and make such good pizzas. :) They also come with a recipe book of different things you can do with them. I am dying to try the cookie!! lol.

Marisa...Thank you. lol. My children HATE clothes. I've just stopped trying. haaha.

Jamie said...

What a darling cake! My sister-in-law gave me some Skookie pans for Christmas and I put them away and almost forgot about them. I'm going to have to pull them out now. Those pizzas look so good!

millie said...

Like I said on Jaimee's blog, I've started out my New Year with a bang... I've missed 3 birthdays so far. Happy belated birthday, Lizzie!!! The cake and pizza look yummy and the toys look fun!

brandon and jakell said...

how funny! So cute..wow he did a great job..look at all that detail too..how fun!

Adorable cake!