Friday, November 11, 2011

Not to brag or anything...


Who am I kidding. I think I've earned bragging rights. :-D Baby Andrew arrived yesterday, weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 9oz and I survived it all with no pain meds and very minimal damage. Was I wanting the pain meds?? Yes, yes I was, but by that time it was a little late. Luckily I have short labors. This one lasted 5 1/2 hours start to finish with only an hour or so of intense labor. The very end was the worst. They got to a point where they had me stop pushing so he could work his way out slowly, and that hurt. That part lasted about 5 minutes, but seemes like 5 hours. When they told me how much he weighed, I about fell off the hospital bed. At first I thought they were joking. I kept asking, "What?? How much? Are you SURE???". I'm still a little bit in shock. It sure explains a lot. lol. Still, despite his weight, he is such a cute little peanut. We just love him. He is so fun and snuggly and the kids love him. Well, the older 2 anyways. I think Jimmy is undecided. Or just bitter because he's been dethroned. Who's to say. :-D Either way, sure glad he's finally here.

Thank you everyone who helped us out!! I was so grateful for my friend and visiting teacher, Rachel, who was able to come watch the kids on short notice! She was such a blessing. And thank you Mary for the hat, which inspired the cute take home outfit. :-D LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats girlie!!

Jen said...

WOW! Congratulations Michelle! That's crazy how big he is! You deserve an award for birthing a baby that big with NO pain meds. That's incredible! He really is so adorable.

Anaise said...

You definitely have earned bragging rights!!!! Holy Cow! You nourished that not-so-little man really well! He looks like a grumpy Buddha in his picture--about as cute as it is possible to be!!!! Congratulations on your beautiful boy!