Lizzie has been talking about having a butterfly cake for her birthday for WEEKS. Everyone who came to our house got to hear ALL about it. (And Jacob's dinosaur cake he is planning on for his birthday.) I'm glad she liked what I came up with.
For Her birthday I let her choose 2 friends to come over for a tea party. So, her two friends and their moms came over this afternoon and we had a great time. As soon as they got here, they were able to choose a dress up skirt and hat to wear. Then they were directed to the jewelry that was laid out in front of a mirror so they could admire themselves for a bit before we got started.
Lizzie chose not to dress up for some reason. I assume because I wanted her too...
Jacob did not hesitate do participate.
Next we made fans. Well, that was the plan anyway. I made the mistake of letting them use glitter glue. Which they used...a lot. Glitter glue doesn't dry real fast when it's gobbed on. :-D. So, the fans didn't really work out the way I had envisioned in my head. But, they had fun, and that's all that matters.
Mike did an excellent job with the streamers, don't ya think. :-D

Our tea party food consisted of chicken salad sandwiches, pb&j (especially for Lulu, since I knew that's all she'd eat), chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, and a veggie tray. Oh, and lets not forget the "tea" (apple juice). :) (Notice Lulu sticking her tongue between the bread slices, licking the jam. Nice. lol.)
He eventually ditched the hat because it kept falling over his eyes. It was fun while it lasted, I guess. :)
If you haven't noticed, Lizzie has an interesting way of eating. She does this same thing with candy bars. She eats the outer chocolate and discards the rest.
For Her birthday I let her choose 2 friends to come over for a tea party. So, her two friends and their moms came over this afternoon and we had a great time. As soon as they got here, they were able to choose a dress up skirt and hat to wear. Then they were directed to the jewelry that was laid out in front of a mirror so they could admire themselves for a bit before we got started.
Lizzie chose not to dress up for some reason. I assume because I wanted her too...
Jacob did not hesitate do participate.Next we made fans. Well, that was the plan anyway. I made the mistake of letting them use glitter glue. Which they used...a lot. Glitter glue doesn't dry real fast when it's gobbed on. :-D. So, the fans didn't really work out the way I had envisioned in my head. But, they had fun, and that's all that matters.
Mike did an excellent job with the streamers, don't ya think. :-D
Our tea party food consisted of chicken salad sandwiches, pb&j (especially for Lulu, since I knew that's all she'd eat), chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, and a veggie tray. Oh, and lets not forget the "tea" (apple juice). :) (Notice Lulu sticking her tongue between the bread slices, licking the jam. Nice. lol.)
He eventually ditched the hat because it kept falling over his eyes. It was fun while it lasted, I guess. :)
If you haven't noticed, Lizzie has an interesting way of eating. She does this same thing with candy bars. She eats the outer chocolate and discards the rest.



Poor Jimmy just suffered through the torture.
4 comments:
That is awesome! I wish I could've come!:)
So cute! Great idea & cake...as always!
Oh my heck! Loved all of it! But I must say...the best pic is the last one. Cutie pants Jimmy. Girls seem like a lot of fun. But so are the boys ;)
it's adorable! I love the butterfly cake :)
Post a Comment