
How did you celebrate? Let me tell you what WE did. Friday we had a trunk or treat at the church. The kids dressed up, (although, Lulu demanded that I take her costume off before we left.) and we went and loaded up on candy and saw some really fun costumes. Saturday we had some friends over and we ate pizza, made sticker haunted houses and frosted sugar cookies. We had a lot of fun. I thought about taking the kids to another county to trick or treat at a few houses, since our county did it on Sunday, but I decided that I just didn't want to. I figured the kids had plenty of candy and I really didn't want to get costumes out again. I know, I'm a party pooper. Sunday I let the scarecrow handle handing out candy...

and let the kids pick out a movie to watch. Would you believe, they picked out Polar Express. Actually, it's not that surprising, since "the train movie" is actually a year round movie for us. Still, I bet people who came to the door though it was strange to hear Christmas music coming from inside. haha.

I'm not gonna lie, though. I'm glad it's over. Normally I get really excited for Halloween, but once again, Mike was not here. I guess doing Halloween without him is just getting old. I'm really grateful for such good friends who have been willing to help me make it fun over the last few years. :) While I had a lot of fun, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bring on the turkey dinner and gingerbread houses. Woohoo!
5 comments:
I'm so with you on the part of Thanksgiving being here, and doing gingerbread houses. I'm not a big fan of Halloween though.
Trying to handle the boys on my own was a constant reminder that Eric wasn't home...but at least my friends invited us over to help hand out candy...so we were sitting at home moping!
Your costumes were absolutely adorable, every year you come up some something amazing!
I'm glad we are not the only ones that watch 'Polar Express' year round! But I like Christmas any time of the year :)I'm not a huge Halloween fan. I don't like to dress up, but I love watching the boys run from door to door and trick or treat. I hope Mike is there next year. You could use a break! I am so ready for the holidays!! I made my holiday cooking list at Church yesterday!
Polar Express is a year-round one around here too.
Halloween is no fun without your husband - I totally understand. The kids look really cute in their cotumes and Jimmy is getting so big!
Post a Comment