
You know that feeling? It's kind of like that feeling you get when you feel like someone is watching you, only...different. haha. I was sleeping just fine tonight. In fact, when I woke up, Jacob was snuggled up next to me and I have no recollection of him waking up and climbing in bed with me. Which is weird. I normally wake up at the slightest movement from the kids, even when I'm in my own room. (I was sleeping on a mattress in the kids room.) It was Jimmy who woke me up. He was fussy, so I tried to nurse him, but he wouldn't eat. He just kept grunting and squirming. So I got up and changed his diaper. After that he just laid there awake cooing and blowing raspberries for about 20 minutes. By the time he finally went back to sleep, I was awake and my mind was wondering. This is when I started feeling uneasy about something, I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I started remembering things from when I'd felt like that before. One memory came to mind of one year, waaaaaay back when I was at girls camp. It was my last year. For the first 2 nights, there were 4 of us in our tent. By the last night we were down to 2. For one reason or another, the other two girls had gone home early. So it was just Noelle and I. That evening everyone was gathered around the campfire just talking. One by one, everyone slowly dispersed and went to bed. Noelle and I were the last two at the fire, so it was up to us to put it out, which we did. I remember we dumped quite a bit of water on it and I even ran my hand over the coals to make sure there was no heat coming from them. Then we went to bed. But neither of us could sleep. We both felt uneasy about something but we didn't know what. Neither of us said anything to the other. Instead we started goofing off and doing silly things like shadow puppets on the roof of the tent. This went one for probably an hour or so, then one of us spoke up. "I think we should go see if we can sleep in the tent with the leaders." And we did. We went to the tent where our 2 (or 3, I can't remember) camp leaders were sleeping and told them we were scared but didn't know why, so they let us sleep in the tent with them. We laid there awake for a while, and then just as we were about to drift off to sleep, we started hearing animals walk though our campsite. "It's just deer" they told us. "There is nothing to worry about." Then, suddenly, we saw a flash of light and when we peaked out the window of the tent we saw that the campfire had come back to life, like it had never been put out. By that point we were totally and completely freaked out. So were our leaders. They wouldn't tell us they were, but we could see it on their faces. The next morning they told us that it was possible that the remaining half burnt log in the fire pit could have still been hot in the middle and started back on fire. That log was cold I tell you! I felt it myself. I agree it's possible that the very center could have been hot, but really, what are the chances of it randomly starting on fire in the middle of the night. I still think it was divine intervention. I am fairly certain that whatever was out there walking around our campsite needed to be scared away. I think the Lord was watching out for us.
This is a memory that has stuck with me ever since. As I thought about it tonight, I decided to get up and check the doors, which I knew would all be locked, because I checked them twice before I went to bed. (Like I do every night because I'm paranoid.) Then a small thought crept into my brain. If the Lord saw fit to protect me then, why not now. There is no need to feel uneasy. There is a plan for all of us and we need not fear. I just need to have a little more faith because, after all, fear is just the absence of faith.
And on that note...I'm going back to bed.
This is a memory that has stuck with me ever since. As I thought about it tonight, I decided to get up and check the doors, which I knew would all be locked, because I checked them twice before I went to bed. (Like I do every night because I'm paranoid.) Then a small thought crept into my brain. If the Lord saw fit to protect me then, why not now. There is no need to feel uneasy. There is a plan for all of us and we need not fear. I just need to have a little more faith because, after all, fear is just the absence of faith.
And on that note...I'm going back to bed.
5 comments:
I totally have a story like this!! ok so Ray's family owns shares on some camping property up spanish fork canyon where they camp all the time. so we went camping one weekend and had a great time. when we went home we did the usual stuff... take down our tent, take the trash out of the camp, put the fire out, etc. and then went home. Well, the next weekend we went up and went camping, Ray decides that he is going to get the fire pit ready for that night. so he gets all this wood and puts it in the fire pit in some cool way and then leaves ( we didnt need a fire that early so he just got it ready to light later that night) Anyway, we were sitting in his parents camping trailer and about an hour later we notice something CRAZY going on by the fire.... the fire had started and was soooo high!! it was pretty much like a bonfire! and no one had started it... it had started FROM THE WEEKEND BEFORE!!!! there were still hot coals way deep that must have still been hot because it was honestly like a bonfire and no one touched it! we were the last to leave camp the weekend before and the first to get there that weekend and no one had come up during the week... it is scary to think that if a tree would have fallen down into the pit it could have lit the whole mountain on fire! so now we water the fire pit for like an hour before we leave haha
Okay, that is nuts Mar. haahaha.
I understand that feeling Michelle. It is definitely a prompting. And sometimes even when you checked all the dorrs before, you find one unlocked - that happened to me in NC. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt a strong need to check the doors, and found one unlocked.
Freaky! When Eric has returned from his 13 month tour in Iraq, I remember being woken up by some random noise and totally freaking out! Then I sat and realized that I hadn't felt that scared since BEFORE he had left. Which made me realize that I was protected and my craziness/freak-outs were kept in check the entire time Eric was gone, and I was alone. You are truly never all alone :o)
WOW! I'm so going to steal that story for a talk one of these days! You are sooo right! The Lord DOES look out for us and we just need to keep the faith!
Post a Comment