All the nurses agreed that he was the cutest patient there that day. I totally agree. When they took us back to his recovery room, we found him snuggled up to one of the nurses. She was reluctant to hand him over to me. Can't say that I blame her. :) I wish I'd gotten a picture, but I didn't think about it in time. 

Why do they always flap open in the back? Good thing he had a diaper on. Not that it wouldn't have been totally adorable if he didn't.

He was not so happy when he woke up. Not that I blame him. He was starving and I'm sure he felt loopy and he totally hated the IV. He just wanted that thing out! He was sooooo much happier once they removed it. I took this picture after our 2 hour drive back home. He was pretty groggy, but very ready to get out of his car seat.
He slept most of the drive home. He had random moments when he would wake up for a few seconds at a time and then fall right back to sleep. At one point we heard an excited, "dat!" from the back seat. We turned to see him wide eyed, smiling, and pointing at something. Next thing we knew, his head flopped to the side and he was out again. Once we got him home he was anxious to get back on his feet again and play. It took him a few minutes to find his balance, but he was off running around in no time. Unfortunately, he found rather quickly that several of his favorite things were pretty painful. Like climbing up on the couch and sliding down his little slide on his belly. He was happy for a while, but his pain meds are now slowly wearing off and he's becoming more and more grumpy. Here's hoping Mike gets back soon with his meds. And here's hoping he sleeps well tonight.
2 comments:
It'll be good when he's all recuperated and you can get back to normal. Hope you all have a good, restful night!
Surgery for your little man sounds awful, but I'm glad he's okay. Here's hoping for pain meds that work and an easy recovery.
Post a Comment