Saturday, February 19, 2011

Something's wrong with you!

We decided today, that we really need to work with Jacob on a few basic playground games. Tag being the first one. We decided this while at the park today, as we were watching him run around with another boy. The boy was trying really hard to play tag with him. Jacob loves to run and chase, but he does not get the concept of actually trying to touch the other person and then turn around and run so he doesn't get touched. The kid would run after him, touch him and say, "tag you're it", then run away, and Jacob, instead of chasing after him, would bolt in the opposite direction. This went on for a while. The kid finally gets so frustrated with him, he runs over to his mom and says, "Mom, what's wrong with that kid?!?" Mike and I both busted up. I laughed...and laughed...and laughed. I still start laughing when I think about it. I think I actually laughed until I cried and started to get funny looks from the other parents.

I got another good laugh when a little girl walked up and asked him his name and he says, "My name is Five." Five???? Okay then. Hi Five! Hahahahaha. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

HAHAHA! Thats awesome. you know, I don't know if Mikey would get tag either....we've played hide and go seek, duck duck goose (FHE favorite), and ring around the rosies but I'm not sure about tag. Thats awesome though.

Oh and beware, once they figure out how to introduce themselves they do it ALL the time, "HEY YOU! MY NAME'S MIKEY!!!!!!"