Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lets Go Fly a Kite!

It was a perfect day for kite flying today. We've been outside most of the day flying our little kites. We found instructions for a simple kite on familyfun.com. I was pleasantly surprised when they really worked! Jacob struggled a bit with his... so we made him a smaller one. This one was half the size of the original ones and only had about a 6 foot string. It was light enough that the slightest breeze would pick it up. It was perfect for him. Once he got the hang of that one he decided he was ready for the bigger one again.

He got tired of waiting for the wind to pick up and ran around the yard to make it fly. He ran a lot! I'm hoping he will go to bed early tonight. :-D

Lizzie made a few attempts with the little one but quickly lost interest and found other things to do. Jimmy just followed her around.

Jimmy was just happy to be outside, even if it was a little on the cold side.
It was nice to have a break from the rain today. It is supposed to start again tomorrow and possibly snow on Thursday. I'm hoping it won't really. Either way, I'm sure it's gonna be cold. I'm thankful for warmish days like today, so the kids can play outside and stop driving me crazy! :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

So cute!! And I hope Jakers goes to bed early too :o)

Jen said...

I'm so jealous of your nice weather. I'd love to get outside with the kiddos. We've had snow storm after snow storm out here. I'm going to have to steal your kite idea for spring.

.. said...

You have no idea who I am...or at least I thought you didn't. Until I saw that you had my adoption button on your blog. I wanted to say THANK YOU for helping us out. I cant thank you enough!

Stephanee